(1) How long is the PMP certification valid?
Does this PMP certification have an expiration date? How long is it? Does this need to be reviewed regularly?
The PMP certificate is valid for three years. It shall be re-examined once for every three years. The latest time of re-examination shall be two months before the expiry date.
Conditions of re-examination: You need to accumulate 60 PDU and there is no examination required.
Fees of re-examination: USD 150.
Ways of acquirement of PDU: Within three years before PMP certification has expired, you can participate in conferences, online and offline lectures, forums and other activities organized by training institutions of PMP, then you can get PDU freely.
(2) Passing rate of PMP certification examination
Although the global pass rate of PMP exam is only about 30%-50%. However, the pass rate of excellent PMP training institutions like SPOTO will reach 85% or above.
Only a pass rate will not guarantee that you will pass the exam. To pass the PMP exam, you need to note that:
1. Pay attention to the way you prepare for the test.
1) The preparation period for PMP is 3 months. In terms of time investment, you need to spend 1-2 hours a day reading;
2) You must return to the knowledge points in the textbook;
3) Keep up with the learning progress arranged by the teacher.
2. The PMP test consists of 200 multiple-choice questions. To pass the exam, you need to correctly answer 106 questions from the remaining 175 questions. But there are 25 random questions. If you want to make sure that you can pass the exam, the goal is still to correctly answer 131 questions.
3. Choose a good training institution.
(3) Is PMP graded?
The PMP certificate is non-graded and the certificate is the same no matter what grade you get.
The results are generally shown as A\T\B\N. The PMP test is divided into five process groups, and the final result is the grade obtained by each process group, such as 4A1T, etc.
Meaning of A \ T \ B \ N: Above Target; Target; Below Target; Needs Improvement
One thing to note:
There are intervals for grades A, T, B, and N, and the number of questions in each field is different. So, sometimes a student with 3T2B fails the exam but the other student with 3T2B passes.
Therefore, the number of A, T, B and N should not be a criterion to measure the score report. The PASS or FAIL given by PMI is the most important.
(4) How to accumulate the PDU after the PMP examination?
How to accumulate PDU after PMP exam? In what way and in what form? Is accumulating PDU related to training institutions or foreign affairs bureau? Do you have to pay for it? How much does it charge?
PDU can be accumulated in a variety of ways, but the main way is through online or offline project management activities of R.E.P registered education providers designated by PMI. The forms include public classes, lectures, forums, seminars, etc.
In addition, after you get the certificate, if you work in project management, you will automatically gain 5 PDU every year, and there will be 15 PDU during three years. You only need to gain 15 PDU each year for the remaining 45 PDU.
(5) What textbooks do you need for PMP examination?
1. First, PMI’s PMBOK(Project Management Body of Knowledge), which is the official PMI textbook. There will also be supporting materials such as “Successfully passing the PMP”, knowledge points, training handouts, simulation questions, sprint questions, etc. These are provided by PMP training institutions.
2. The study of PMP is not about how many materials you have, but about how much you can absorb, especially for PMBOK, the official textbook. In addition to PMBOK, the training institutions have prepared enough information, you do not have to go to find extra information. Too much materials may not be helpful.