Let us start first with one of the business ideas example! Say suppose, you have a store where you sell jewellery. You have spent say $15 on pamphlets and $40 on posters. Now you want to measure how much sale your store is getting in return of the jewellery brand promotion that you did. In case of brick and mortar store, you will either keep a separate person to look after all the investments and returns or you do it by yourself.
In similar way, Google Analytics is the best tool where you can measure the ROI (return on investment) on your digital strategies; analyzes whether the SEO methods you are using are driving traffic to your website or not, and not only that, it can also be divided into many parts of granular data and can be used by SEO companies.
It is one of those took boxes which is equivalent in importance with Google Search Console. Moreover, Google Analytics depends on how good it can be used by SEO companies. This blog is a small business guide on how start ups or small scale businesses can use Google Analytics in their favor.
Configure Google Analytics properly
There are many levels of Google Analytics that needs to be configured on account setting level, so that you can have the optimum result out of it and they are:
● Set up your google analytics account properly if you do not have one. Once you are signed up, click on the Admin panel on the left-hand side menu and select your account from the dropdown.
● Once you come across the Property section, the dopdown will show you various options, choose Create New Property from that drop down.
● Now click on website and put the url of the website you want to track. Make sure that you include the HTTPS in the starting and you leave the trailing slash at the end. This is the proper way in which you can track data of your website.
● Different business ideas need different types of strategies. Make sure that you a pre planning on how will you organize your promotion and marketing and when will start launching them.
● Now you only need to copy that tracking code and paste it into the head tag of your website.
Understand how Google Analytics Interface work
Google Analytics Interface can be a pretty tough tech to deal with; however, that is only if you get deeper into it. Most of the business people only use a part of it, therefore, these are some of the things that you must know as your small business guide:
● The first thing that you should know is that the data which you will see, is going to relate to the date range which are selected in the top right box. Now it is up to you, how you set the time period, so that you can view the data for as much time you want.
● The menu on the left-hand side has several sections along with sub sections. You can see them broken and specifies further in the reports. In this section you will find Audience overview. It is one of the most extensive and top-level report that you are going to get on Google Analytics.This report provides you insights on sessions, users click through rate, bounce rate over time, a pie chart on the ratio of new visitors and existing traffic, and many more.
● These demographics will also help you in strategizing new business ideas and modify your pages in that way. It also helps you in taking further steps on some of the marketing tactics that according to your observation is working for you.
● Geographical demographics also play a larger role in your online business. So do not underestimate the possibilities in the breakdown of the locations from where you are getting most of your traffic. This helps you in determining your target audience better and you can also run specific promotional campaigns based on the trends of those locations from where you are getting maximum traffic.
So this is it for now, install Google Analytics now and take your online business to the next level. Also, leave us a comment and let us know whether this small business guide was helpful to you or not.